ETG Supporter Training
This course will provide a broad overview of best practices for supporting sex trafficking victims and a focused look at supporting coercion resiliency.
Topics include domestic sex trafficking facts and statistics, “the game” (trafficking subculture), the breaking process, psychology 101, dual identity, recidivism, language sensitivity, and how to support a survivors’ true self.
The overarching goal is to foster a deeper awareness of trafficking victims’ needs and offer practical skills to aid in victim resiliency.
This course will be led by sex trafficking survivors using lecture, small group activities, video clips, and application exercises.
Read a sample of Ending The Game Supporter Training Evaluations.
ETG Supporter Training Learning Objectives:
- Define “coercion” in accordance with psychology and mental health definitions
- Describe the common coercion process in trafficking: Bend, Break, Build, Lock
- Identify signs of dual identity within trafficking victims
- Explain the impact of language and word choice in reinforcing or fighting coercion
- Explore best practices for speaking to a survivor’s true self
- Practice motivational communication skill: OARS
- Provide an overview of the Ending The Game Curriculum
- All staff at survivor housing facilities
- Mentors and church volunteers
- Attorneys and legal advocates
- Law enforcement
- First responders
- SART Nurses
- Family members of survivors
Request ETG Supporter Training
You will be redirected to the Booking page at www.SowersEducationGroup.com