- Establish Ending The Game as “Evidence-Based”. (There are currently no intervention curricula for sex trafficking survivors in the U.S. with this designation.)
- Contribute valuable research and best practices in the field of trafficking survivor resiliency.
Where We Are…
- 2014: In collaboration with UC Davis Northern California Training Academy, began developing participant and facilitator surveys to evaluate the effectiveness of ETG.
- 2015: Began collecting IRB-approved pre and post curriculum surveys from dozens of participants and facilitators across various demographics, collecting both qualitative and quantitative research.
- 2016: Established a 2nd research partnership with University of Nebraska, Lincoln; continued refining evaluative materials and collecting evaluations.
- 2017: Ending The Game Curriculum was named a “Promising Practice” after the first round of program evaluations. We presented the first round of findings at the Human Trafficking RADAR Conference. See presentation highlights.
- Ongoing: Continue toward “Evidence-Based” qualification by evaluating findings and conducting interviews with over 270 trained ETG Facilitators in 15 states (and growing!).
Where We’re Going…
- 2018: Publish research findings on the effectiveness of ETG in a peer-reviewed journal.
What The Research is Finding…
- Reduction in AWOL behavior and recidivism to commercial sexual exploitation
- Reduction in feelings of attachment to a trafficker or the trafficking lifestyle
- Increase in knowledge about psychological coercion
- Increase in feelings of self-esteem and worth outside “the life”
Changed in Remarkable Ways
Each girl that has gone through ETG has truly been impacted and changed in remarkable ways. I'd say we have had about 12 graduates so far. It has been a requirement for them to go through ETG as part of the home's program. So thank you again for all you do!
ETG is an essential part of meaningful healing
I am convinced that ETG is an essential part of meaningful healing for this population because of the impact I observed in both (community-based and residential) settings.
I already see a change starting
The women are relating to the material and to my surprise are really being transparent and opening up. Thank you for the training and for developing this program. I already see a change starting in some of them. It’s a precious gift to see.
Amazing, challenging and blessed work of healing
I want to express my gratitude to all of you working with Ending the Game for such a powerful curriculum. I have so many snippets and moments in time that are prompted by the course materials, but as an example two girls in group yesterday who have been fairly armored were able to cry for the first time about their experience and receive support and nurture from the group and the facilitators. It is an amazing, challenging and blessed work of healing that is underway and I thank you all for making this happen.
Powerful and Capable Tool
The curriculum is well thought out, blending the influences of psychological theory with down to earth real shared experiences, making it a very powerful and capable tool in reaching even the most at risk girls.
Highlight of my week
Teaching our clients and watching them realize different concepts and grow really is the highlight of my week.
If I was required to complete this program by the courts when I was arrested, I don't think I would have been trafficked for so many years - its quite an eye opener.
The curriculum/our experience has been amazing! It has been by far the most effective and root-reaching curriculum we have used. I have been really impressed by the growth of the participants in a short period of time.
Truly life changing
(ETG) is what really opened my eyes and broke chains for me! It put everything into perspective and just kept it real. Truly life changing.
The course has changed my life
We have no idea the impact we make when we come as facilitators to listen, learn, and love each week. The course has changed my life.
Extremely well done... helps to begin the healing process
Ending The Game curriculum was utilized for our Free to Be Me (formerly known as the 180 Diversion Program.) The curriculum was extremely well done and was well received by the participants. The detailed information provided by survivor input for the curriculum truly helped the participants understand how they got into the life. Particularly, understanding the psychological effects of coercion and red flags to be aware of in relationships. The homework was a great reinforcement of what they learned. The Facilitator Training provided with the curriculum was by far the best I’ve seen. I would highly recommend this to foster care homes, group homes, and shelters where HT victims are placed. This curriculum helps to begin the healing process.
Sooooo much more than I expected
I've taken other trauma-healing type curriculum, and they are nothing compared to this. I especially loved the chapter on how our brains work to protect us. I'm so thrilled to be part of this... it's emotional, yes, but so, so necessary. I had no idea.
Strength and Character
It is amazing how the women continue to grow and find strength as they develop more character and vision through these lessons.
The youth were engaged
We did have our first session on 3/3/15 and it well. I think that the youth were engaged and while the videos were playing they seemed so interested.
One of the best groups we've ever had
The women really enjoyed it even when there was tough material to get through. I felt it was one of the best groups we've ever had, really getting to the meat of the matter. Thank you for introducing us to ETG.
ETG Class is a Healing Ground
One of our survivors stated that this ETG class is a healing ground for her. She calls it “The Upper Room” and she is anxious to bring other survivors into the fold.
This is really good stuff
This is really good stuff. I think the ladies were surprised to see that other ladies had some of the same experiences they had. This allowed them to open up and talk